Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Medication fun

So I mentioned I believe that I restarted my medication, which I had stopped for a month-ish.
It's not going too well. I'm on an antidepressant (Wellbutrin/Bupropion), a mood stabilizer (Lamictal/Lamotragine), Topamax/Topiramate (not sure its class), and an anti psychotic (Seroquel/Quetiapine) for sleep.. but I never stopped the seroquel because I don't sleep without it. I'm on a pretty high dose of everything and have been on them for a while.

So the past 2 days I have basically been having what remind me of alcohol withdrawal.. but obviously not that. Visible, uncontrollable shaking that didn't stop after eating and having water. I woke up yesterday because it felt like there were bugs on me. I turned on the light and looked and saw nothing. I felt my body and didn't find any. I did this several times before giving up on going back to sleep. The feeling didn't really go away when I was out of bed and could clearly see there were no bugs on me (and I still later checked the bed/sheets/ under the mattress even). I also swear I am seeing things. Not really things, just shadows. Like I was alone in a room at work and thought I saw a person in the corner of my vision. Nobody there. Otherwise, it's hard to explain.

Well, I looked the medications up last night. Apparently, you are supposed to start lamictal  very slowly. Side effects list fever, rash (also have had a red face and felt warm), and trembling is an uncommon one. Basically all of this.. and they recommend starting at 50mg. I started back at 300mg. Oops... So I dropped back to half my usual of wellbutrin also and will do the same for the lamictal tonight.
I did at least mention to a coworker I trust that I had started taking some medications again (didn't say what) because the shaking was obvious. This way if something bad happens at work, someone will know what's going on. At least I hope it's that, and I'm not just losing my mind..

3 comments:

  1. When I stopped escitalopram I thought I'd go crazy. The bugs, yep, tics, crazy thoughts, the whole caboodle. Now I just take any drug the doctors throw at me :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think maybe I'll try that after this whole bug experience. Not a fan.

      Delete
    2. I think maybe I'll try that after this whole bug experience. Not a fan.

      Delete