Saturday, July 25, 2020

3 months

I am considering using my blog again now after all that's happened the past several months. I will start with a summary of this year.

February- 1st suicide attempt of the year. This is the one that I took pills while black out drunk and woke up in the hospital. I was in the medical hospital for a week followed by 5 days inpatient and a few weeks IOP. (days in hospital 12)

April- toward the end of March I got kicked out of IOP for relapsing with alcohol. They recommended I go to rehab before I could come back, so off to rehab I went. (days in 28)

May- I spent 28 days in rehab, and I was continuously telling them my depression was getting worse and so were the suicidal thoughts. I had a plan in my head, and I only couldn't do it because if I left they said they'd call the cops (because I was suicidal). Well, they started talking about transferring me to a psych facility, but my therapist was terrible about communicating what was going on. I got angry with him for leaving 2 days in a row after I agreed to transfer somewhere without telling me what was going on with the transfer. I asked to leave AMA, and various people at the facility panicked even though I never even got so far as to sign the AMA form. I once again agreed to be transferred, but they went ahead and called the cops anyway instead of doing what we had agreed on. I end up having a cop show up for a welfare check and then went to a psych hospital for an evaluation. I lied about how I was doing, and I had hoped I could go back to rehab. Well, that didn't happen. They called my parents to come get me and said the facility wasn't appropriate for me.

So I was home for 1 night and then was supposed to go to a psych hospital. I convinced my parents to drop me off and went in for my evaluation. I changed my mind during the seemingly endless waiting and dealing with some very rude people at this hospital. I told them I didn't want to go in, and I was safe to leave. I left and got a hotel room. I drank for a night or two.. it's a bit blurry. I changed hotels because I somehow lost track of what day it was and when I was supposed to check out. I got to the 2nd hotel and took a lot of pills.. both prescription and Tylenol PM. I sat around waiting for them to do something, and I panicked. I called 911.. I remember the ambulance coming (and the paramedics were really cute). I kept trying to explain what I took and answer questions and them saying I wasn't making sense. I was taken to the ER, and I don't really remember much of the couple days I was in the hospital. I guess I was intubated at some point, and my liver was in really bad shape. Somehow when I was conscious again I convinced them to let me leave AMA. I went to Walmart planning to buy more pills. I managed to leave my phone in the Lyft and didn't know where my debit card was. I end up shoplifting a bottle of tylenol PM and wandering around the area taking them and trying to decide what to do. I was somewhere in Dallas with no real clue how to get anywhere and no phone. I finally borrow a phone from someone in the parking lot of a gas station (after actually asking a cop for help and being told he was too busy to even call for an ambulance) and get taken by ambulance to the same hospital I left earlier that day. I repeat the process of drinking charcoal and being given all sorts of meds.. and that's all a blur. I agree to go to a psych hospital once my liver is back to being ok. (days in hospital 5)

May/June- I spend 18 days in a psych hospital where they try to sort out my meds. I am crying daily and suicidal. I get talked into going to a residential facility because clearly I need more help. They only agree to let me leave if I go straight there. I actually planned to agree to be picked up by the facility staff and then say I changed my mind and go kill myself, but I somehow got talked into actually going to the next rehab. (days in hospital 18)

June/July- I went to a residential facility that does dual diagnosis (alcohol and mental health) and actually also eating disorders. I had been sober 3 weeks when I got there, but my depression was still out of control. I spent the first 3 days crying pretty much constantly. I eventually started going to groups and doing assignments, and I really tried despite the depression being bad. My therapist kept trying to argue there's something in my childhood I need to deal with that's causing the depression, and I kept arguing that there might be but the pressing issue is that I was suicidal and self harming daily (and purging but didn't mention that). So I managed to spend over 45 days there and the depression is still bad, but insurance says no more residential. I have mixed feelings about leaving. I don't think I'm ready, but I also feel like it wasn't getting better anyway so I was wasting time. At least here at home, I have my cats and my parents. I have been home just that one day since I first went to rehab in April. Total days in hospital/inpatient/residential 63 so far this year.. and I start IOP again on Monday. I am pretty burnt out

1 comment:

  1. I hate the fact that having or not having insurance dictates whether you get treatment or not. I do hope they can sort out your depression because knowing what that Hell is, there is ways to maybe not get rid of it totally, but at least make it bearable.

    ReplyDelete