Monday, March 9, 2015

Try a positive post?

Had this random thought that I would try to post some positive things.. you will inevitably hear the bad at some point, but it hasn't changed much.
I think I last posted Thursday.. and Friday I managed to accomplish some things. I saw my doctor, and I actually did not lie when she asked about the eating disorder. I didn't give a lot of detail, but I admitted to the behaviors just not the frequency. I also mentioned being dizzy sometimes. At the end of the appointment one of the papers I got was like my vitals over time.. so like blood pressure over last several appointments and also a graph of my weight. I give her credit. She did ask if I wanted it, and I said it didn't matter since I had a scale at home anyway.

I went to school after to talk to Dr H (my advisor). I had to sit around for a few hours for her to actually be free because she is never free when she says she will be. She had finally read the last 8 pages I gave her, and had some edits.. it wasn't too bad. A lot was stuff I had planned to expand on or have expanded on since. I brought up the issue of my committee form that I needed to be signed and had been avoiding dealing with. The issue was who I was asking.. mainly because I asked the people 3 years ago and hadn't talked about it with them since, so this seemed odd. Also, since then I changed from doing research to doing the paper, and I didn't know if that mattered. Well, I found out prior to talking to Dr H that one of the people who I was possibly going to talk to is going to be out of town for this week and next, so I kinda had to deal with it.
So I did.. I had to hang around another hour.. spent alternating sitting at a computer upstairs and wandering the building because his office light was on but he wasn't there. Finally he got back from lunch, and I talked to him and he signed the form. As did the 3rd person. I didn't expect her to be a problem. Dr B the one going out of town.. is interesting. He's been very nice to me, but has also said some very not nice things to me trying to be helpful. Like telling me I could have done better in a class if I tried harder (which mainly wasn't true) or while I was drinking that the only way I would have a family is that if I got pregnant by some guy in a pub (yes he said it that way). He also told me that at least I wasn't anorexic at one point.. so yeah. But I had mostly never explained why I switched from doing a thesis, and he is friends with Dr H and I would have to come up with an explanation that does not involve my anger over shit with the lab. But he mainly asked about who I was working with and said it was fine and signed it, so all is well.

Also, work is going well. The trainees currently have to send our cases to the toxicologist to review before the reports get sent to the doctors. We get feedback from the toxicologist.. well we are currently splitting our reports between him and 2 others, but his opinion is the one I value because he kinda makes the policies. Anyway of the 20 or so I sent him yesterday he only sent me one correction. Of the first 10 I sent today he sent none. One of the other people is an absolute bitch, but she put great job on my cases from yesterday.. and one of her comments was on something that the toxicologist had told us was ok (and that's the issue with splitting the cases). I'm feeling better because there was a day where I got like 8-9 corrections out of 20-30 cases. Obviously improving, which is good especially since the rules keep changing.

So that's the good. There is bad. And at some point I will get to that, but there is other stuff I really need to be doing rather than writing this..

No comments:

Post a Comment