Monday, December 4, 2017

The wreckage of our present

I started to write the other day, but then my parents were around and I don't like blogging around them. I particularly didn't want to do it at that time because well.. it will make sense once I write about the past week.

Let me preface this with a request. I am well aware of how much I have fucked up. Please keep in mind that I am an alcoholic. I have a mental illness. Also please keep in mind that pretty much all of us have fucked up pretty badly at some point in our lives. So basically.. no hate.

Last week I moved my stuff out of my apartment.. sort of. It was a lot for one person to do, but I couldn't bring myself to pay anyone to pack or ask my parents to pay rather because I'm broke. Because it is really difficult to go back there given I spent the majority of my 6 years in that apartment either drunk or depressed and self destructive. I trashed that apartment, and it reached a point where I basically lived in my bed. I ate in my bed, slept in my bed, drank in my bed, and otherwise just watched Netflix. So my solution to the difficult emotions of moving was to drink before/during packing.. I generally didn't drink until I got to the apartment. I also was drinking at home before bed at night. Well, my dad scheduled the movers to come at 7am last Wednesday, and the day before I kind of said fuck it and that I would finish cleaning after they came. But I am never up that early.. so I was exhausted and still a bit drunk when I drove to the apartment to meet them. I then drank more at the apartment because I was upset by how the movers treated me. I managed to get in not 1 but 2 accidents that day. One of which I rear ended someone and freaked out (this was on the way there). I didn't see damage, so being an idiot I just drove off. The 2nd a truck stopped suddenly in front of me, and I slammed on the brakes but still hit them. I did give them my insurance.. and a cop stopped and gave me a ticket for following too closely and called the tow truck because my car was totaled. I amazingly didn't get a DUI but he did ask about if I was on medication because I know I was having trouble answering questions because of the combination of being exhausted, at least slightly drunk, and just really upset. I really don't remember all the details.. like I remember the truck I hit but not exactly where I was. No one was hurt, and I have insurance that will pay for the damage.

My parents were fucking pissed. I guess from the comments they made, they knew I was drunk.. and I think the movers had said something about that too. Also.. as if they weren't pissed enough, 2 state troopers later showed up at the house about the 1st accident to give me a ticket for leaving the scene. There were some arguments. I otherwise didn't speak to them that day. Since then.. there have been more arguments. I have no car to drive, so my mom had to take me to drop off my keys at my apartment complex the next day. I didn't bother finishing cleaning because I knew I was in no shape to do it since I didn't sleep or have any alcohol that night. I just gave up. They are now driving me to meetings and waiting in the car to make sure I don't leave and go drink. I otherwise am sitting around the house. But they are speaking to me now? It's still awkward as fuck. I am ashamed of everything.

I am now without a car and so basically only going out if my parents are. I don't have a job still. I had one interview last week, and they turned me down. I had a phone interview today and have put in a few more applications. My thought is I can get a bus pass to get to any job I get. I don't know.

Mentally I have been unwell.. I have not been able to buy vodka so the withdrawal was bad at first. I resorted to drinking a bit of cooking wine. I have since looked at about everything in the house in search of alcohol. I have gone to meetings and sat there trying to think of how to get a drink. I have also contemplated how to get enough of my pills to attempt suicide, but then I would hate to do that before Christmas. The first 2 days after the accidents, I didn't sleep at all. I have since slept some but not full nights. I am still exhausted but trying to act as normal as possible because I am paranoid they will think I am drinking when I'm not. I am generally just anxious all the time, depressed, ashamed, and overall clueless about where to go from here. I don't really want to stop drinking. I am just sort of forced to. If I could, I would.. so I don't know what the future holds because sooner or later I will have the opportunity to buy liquor. They can't watch me forever. I just don't know how to get to where I want something in life more than I want to be drunk and not think or feel. I am not hopeful. I just am. I am just existing.

So that's my update. I will try to update again when there is something worth mentioning.

1 comment:

  1. I would never pass judgement, and I think the same goes for most people in the mental illness community. I'm just glad that you're safe and no one got hurt. You're very lucky you didn't get breath tested. When you're back driving again, would it help to get one of those mini breathalyzers to get an idea of your blood alcohol before you drive, just so you know where you're at? I'd hate for anything to happen to you.

    ReplyDelete