Saturday, March 11, 2017

Weak

I feel like pretty soon I will end up in hospital. I got so dizzy several times at work. I went to someone's desk that is right next to mine, and I almost had to grab onto her chair. My legs feel so weak. I am honestly convinced something is wrong with me. I don't know if it is just low potassium or something worse. I am torn about what to do. Do I buy more pedialyte and try to eat more and fix whatever is wrong, or do I take diuretics and laxatives and see what happens? I haven't told anyone about this. I don't know how to explain it. I honestly don't care if I die, so I am mainly just trying to eat enough to not be sick or embarrass myself by throwing up at work.

Editing this to add more. So I was stupid and googled the symptoms of liver disease while at work. I feel like I have almost all of them... being tired, nausea, loss of appetite, and the whole reason I searched it is that I feel like the whites of my eyes look a bit yellow. Problem is that most of the symptoms could also be caused by dehydration, gastritis, and not taking my levothyroxine. So I won't know unless I go to the doctor. So now it's basically wait until I get the courage or desperation to go. I don't know if I should try to see my GP or just go to the ER on the assumption that I am also dehydrated and will likely get iv fluids. Or I can ask the opinion of the medical director at work (who is an MD) but I have never really talked to him about any of my problems. He is such a sweet guy that I would feel terrible going and saying Hey, I think my liver might be failing but I don't really care what happens to me, so could you just tell me if my symptoms mean I fucked up my organs? Or going and saying Hey do I look jaundiced and not explaining why. I thought about telling the boss that it isn't unlikely that I will end up in hospital because seriously standing makes me tired. But I really haven't been telling anyone what's happening, and I am a bit bitter because I was basically told in my evaluation that I shouldn't show my emotions because it affects morale. I think it would be difficult to explain what's going on without explaining that.

So no clue how to handle this. Fairly certain I am physically worse than I have been thinking. I just know that the solution is not to drink, and I honestly don't know if I would rather die than face like sober. I don't know if there's any point to trying to treat the symptoms. I just hate the nausea. So I guess I will see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment