Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Another Wednesday

I think I have something of a Wednesday routine. I sleep as late as possible. I get up at least once to drink and go back to bed. When I get hungry, I finally get up. I was brave today and ate lunch at Jason's Deli which was crowded. I just had my heart set on a baked potato. I looked at menus online last night (after having vomited dinner and laying in bed eating apple sauce to settle my stomach) and had decided what I wanted. I considered chickening out and going for fast food or just to the grocery store, but I went. The past couple nights have been hell. Monday I knew my stomach was upset at work. I tried to convince myself that I could make it home without getting sick. I made it as far as my car and then promptly threw up in a plastic bag in my car in the parking lot. I am seriously considering going to the doctor next week and begging for nausea medicine because this isn't healthy and while not drinking is probably the ideal solution, I need to be able to keep food down. I mean walking up stairs is challenging lately. I am only 30 and get tired walking up a few stairs, so I am not well. I also really need to see my dentist because my teeth and gums are terrible. It is so hard to go though. I feel like doctors and nurses generally try to be understanding, but dental hygienists are trained to tell you repeatedly how bad you should feel about how you take care of your teeth. Like hey while my hands are in your mouth and you can't speak, let me just make you feel horrible for not flossing and making your gums your highest priority in life.. or is it just at my dentist? I honestly might end up going and saying first thing that I have had many other life threatening health and personal problems this year so can they just tell me what needs to be done now and not comment on what I am doing wrong.. but we will see.

After lunch, I went to Target for groceries and a shirt to wear for Thanksgiving tomorrow. I didn't really try to buy much food. I bought yogurt, cereal, and applesauce.. basically all I eat these days. I did find a cute top on clearance. We are going out for Thanksgiving this year. I also suggested seeing a movie to my mom and shopping on Friday. I am quite impressed that I am spending more time with them than expected but I know I need it. I need to not spend 90% of my time in bed. So we are probably seeing a movie and then going shopping Friday. I want new towels and maybe clothes if there are good sales.

I am home now and of course in bed. I have a new Netflix obsession which is a cartoon called Sarah & Duck.. which is meant for kids but is seriously weird. Like she's making a cake and the batter starts talking and telling her how to bake it. Very weird. Highly recommend it. The cats are keeping me company. They don't seem to mind spending time in bed. I am so very grateful for them when things are rough.

I think next week I will make some effort to tell someone at work what is going on. My temper is much shorter and I think I should probably explain that I am doing poorly. I will think about what to say. I have the next couple days off to hopefully rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment