Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Just venting because I can't

I don't really discuss politics. I don't pretend to be fully informed on a lot of issues or have strong opinions. But I can't sleep and I have even cried tonight because I need to believe this election is a sick joke. I never believed that I lived in a country that would choose a man so obviously filled with hate to be president. I never liked Hilary, but I thought surely people could see that Trump is terrifying and hateful and should not be our leader. All night at work people were watching the coverage and everyone seemed so anxious and scared. I live in a red state. My state was never going to go another way and everyone knows that, but you could tell we were all counting on the rest of the country to be sane. I left work before the election was decided, and I only checked periodically because I didn't want to believe this would happen. I saw the results and truly tried to believe it was not happening. I finally emailed my mom at 4am because I had to say this to someone. She cried when Bush was elected, so I think she will understand me crying over Trump. I didn't even watch most of the debates because the man is horrible. I don't even mean just politics. As a person and a woman, he offends me. I hoped people would wake up and admit to nominating him as a joke and not a legitimate candidate. Tonight I fear for my country.

So I may delete this later. I have no desire to engage in political debates so don't bother trying to start one. I am now going to watch Netflix until I can sleep. I am so thankful not to work tonight because I don't want to hear this discussed. I need time to process what I truly believed could never happen.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't believe it when I heard. Heck, I'm all the way over in Australia and I'm scared for you guys. It's just nuts.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly thought this could never happen. I read so much last night of people who were afraid because of this.. and seriously in all different countries. It made me feel less stupid for crying. I just can't help thinking that I live in the state where he wants to build his fucking wall. I think if he does it, I might have to move. I just can't comprehend this.

      Delete