Friday, October 13, 2017

Digging a deeper hole

**TW** please read at your own risk

I feel like good things are happening, but I am sinking lower. I feel my life expectancy should be measured in days or maybe weeks. I do not see a happy ending because I do not want a happy ending. I am mainly weighing the consequences and trying to minimize damage.

The good... I have a job offer for a restaurant. I also have a phone interview for a bank I worked for before. I would prefer the bank because I would prefer something I have done before. It might be a different location, but I know I have done it. The other job is a cashier job, which I have experience with, but at somewhere I have never worked. Not going to lie.. I worry a little that I ate at the restaurant and have had an upset stomach ever since. Likely, the upset stomach has to do with the rubbing alcohol I drank a few days ago and not the food.

The question is if I can manage any of this. I saw my new psychiatrist yesterday and cannot honestly say I want to be alive. I am exhausted, and I want out. I do not see any way of fixing everything I have broken. I am terrified that I will never be able to find all the medical bills and pay them. I am still scared to even check my mail, so keeping up with everything is terrifying.

I am also just miserable. I am sad. I tried to explain it all to the new doctor, and I can barely keep track of when I was in each hospital. If I had full control of my meds, I wouldn't be here. However, I don't have full control, so I have to come up with a plan. Plus, my mom's birthday is next week, and I cannot decide when would be the best time to lose a daughter in reference to that. I am thinking after...

I am trying. I am just trying to keep going. I want to believe that I will want to be alive because I just cannot imagine decades of this. I honestly think I am defective, and I wasn't meant to be alive.

My parents are struggling to cope with me. I stupidly talked to them drunk, and my dad mentioned it later. I mean if they kicked me out, it would make the choice easy.

I am still trying. I am planning to tell my therapist everything and see if she has better ideas. If I cannot work and function, can she find another option? I am willing to try other things, but I don't know what to try. I only know how to go on interviews and go to work.. until I don't. Until I can't. Then I don't know what to do.

So yeah.. my life is crumbling around me. I need any bit of support I can get. I am sad and scared and I don't think I can show it. I am trying to hide it. If I weren't with my parents, I would just stay in bed. I wish I could just stay in bed. I don't think I should have to act like I am functioning and doing ok. I want to be able to act like the crumbling mess that I know I am. Pretending is only making the suicidal thoughts worse.  So I guess we will see what happens. I love all of you that read this and have commented before. I have loved this chance to be honest. If I don't get to write again, I wish you the very best.

**Edit** I am continuing to take the right step. I need to go home tomorrow and get my computers. I texted 2 friends to say I will be at an AA meeting. I told both I am struggling, and I asked B to go to my apartment with me. That way I am far less likely to leave with a bunch of pills. This may not make me less suicidal, but it makes me less likely to come away with an excess of pills. It also means I am less likely to lie about how badly I am doing, so I can hopefully be honest. I will continue to try.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry I haven't been commenting lately. I know you could really use the support, but words are so hard at the moment.

    I just caught up on your last few posts. I don't know what to say. I wish I had some words of wisdom. I wish I could say "it gets better". I know inpatient hasn't helped in the past and there are drawbacks, but maybe a short admission could help in some way, just to get a break from everything and some more intensive help with the depression? Please try to be open with your therapist. They can't help you if they don't know what's going on.

    Please don't go anywhere. You might have problems, but every life has a purpose, everyone has a reason to exist, even if we don't know what it is yet. Your life has value and I really don't want to see you disappear :(

    Take care as best you can <3
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am doing my best to hang on and tell my therapist everything on Tuesday. If I don't think I can, I will text her. I want to at least be able to say I did my very best. Thank you for everything you said. Every bit of encouragement helps.

      Delete
  2. Please, please hang in there and keep trying. So many people who have never even met you, but who connect to you through your words on this blog, are rooting for you. I hope your therapist can come up with some good ideas. Please keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete