Sunday, June 19, 2016

Crappy day at work

I worked today for the last time before going inpatient. It was not the best. I had a protein shake for breakfast.  Well I tried to. Of course I got sick after a few hours of work. It was really weird before work because my supervisor texted me that my car was outside and was I ok. I of course was in bed. I threw on some clothes and went out to look for my car. It was safely parked outside the apartment. I couldn't think of any reason why it wouldn't be, but I am a blackout drinker.. so who knows. I finished showering and getting ready. Sure enough, there was a car similar to mine in the lot at work and nobody there but my supervisor, so it was weird. This happened once before when I checked the building and nobody else was there but there was another car parked outside.

Well anyway, I started to feel sick and made it to the restroom and threw up. I am not going to lie. I sat by the toilet for a few minutes to make sure it wouldn't happen again. I was waiting because the lab tech didn't come in until several hours after I got there. I honestly sat there with my head on the desk. Later I went downstairs and threw up again even though I only had water. Kinda hoping the woman in the lab didn't hear. We discussed the car in the parking lot and various stories we have heard about this building. This includes the time the light in my car was on because one of the doors wasn't fully closed. I was told this right before the only other person in the building went home.. oh and I was told by someone that there was a naked guy walking around the parking lot. I told him to tell me if it happened again because I needed to see that (through the window obviously). This was why when I worked past midnight one of the guys in the lab insisted on walking me to my car with this kickass flashlight/taser he had. The lab tech laughed so hard about that story. Anyway, I finished work and went home. I spent a while laying in bed before going to my parent's house for dinner and dropping off my cats.

My dad agreed to take me to the hospital tomorrow. I'm going to leave my car at their house so someone can keep an eye on it. Plus, my friend could only drive me early in the morning or in the evening, and I don't do morning. And evening I risk the doctors having gone home and so complicating getting any medication. So I will call in the morning and make an appointment. I know calling last minute might mean a longer wait, but I didn't know what time to make it for today since I hadn't really figured out my ride. Oh and I felt awful because I had to drag the kitten out from under a table at my parent's because I knew she needed her nails trimmed. She scratched both me and my mom in the process and contorted herself into every possible position to get away. She is not quite sold on my parents and is scared of their dog. The dog who is seriously terrified of everything and absolutely adores the kitten. Their dog also hates if the cats (any of them) fight. She used to hover and break up any fights or anytime they hiss at each other. Poor dog.. she doesn't understand why the kitten doesn't like her. Last time I was there they could only be in the same room because I made Nermal a pillow fort on the couch.

Wish me luck. I may not update until I get out since I won't have my cell phone. I already made a half ass effort at packing. I say that because I just picked random clothes, but I think I packed everything I need. I honestly don't care how I look while inpatient. I have never been the type to wear makeup or do anything but wash my hair and shower. I always shower so at least I don't smell. Now I'm watching Nurse Jackie (again) because I figure I shouldn't watch it once I'm sober since I only like episodes where she's using. Healthy, right?

Also currently the song stuck in my head is the Last Supper from Jesus Christ Superstar because I listened to it driving home and the beginning is "look at all my trials and tribulations sinking in a gentle pool of wine. Don't disturb me now I can see the answers. Till this evening is this morning, life is fine". Such a weird musical. I know it because my mom had the soundtrack and would listen while folding laundry when I was a kid. Same reason I like Irish drinking songs (specifically Tommy Makem and the Clancy brothers). My mom has odd taste in music.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you all the good luck in the world. You are strong to do this!

    ReplyDelete