Thursday, June 9, 2016

Meds and Moscato

I succeeded in making it to the psychiatrist appointment. I tried to limit how much I drank last night, so I would be able to drive. I also showered last night rather than in the morning, so I wouldn't have to be up as early. It didn't go entirely well. I was honest about the drinking (well kinda lied about the amount) and cutting and school. It's weird that with my last doctor appointments were less than 5 minutes. This was an hour. He asked about school and I tried to explain the situation and the anxiety involved. I told him about work. I told him about getting stitches. We also ended up talking about my parents. He asked something about them being supportive or knowing about this stuff. I basically told him what I wrote about here about their own mental health issues and the things my mom has said. He was surprised by how she told me I wanted to be an alcoholic. He recommended some book related to families. Anyway, he recommended I go to rehab. He mentioned that I qualify for FMLA (for non americans it's the family medical leave act that basically if you worked somewhere longer than a year you can't be fired for taking medical leave) and my job can't fire me. I know that but I still have to go back to my job and face everyone after. I have to deal with them knowing why I was off work. I have to deal with the fact that I took time off at a time that people aren't supposed to be taking time off. I have to deal with any questions. I have considered detox because that would be like a week. He is talking about 1-2 months.

I tried to get something for anxiety. I tried to explain all the social anxiety. Unfortunately, he won't give me anything unless I promise to cut back on drinking. I honestly don't want detox meds (well I do..) but something to help with the constant anxiety. So I left and made an appointment for July.

I decided not to go home after. I went shopping. I went to look at clothes at one store and didn't buy anything. Then I went to another to look for new ice trays. I got that and a shirt. Then I bought new collars for my cats and cat food. I went to my parent's house and saw my mom's car. I wasn't sure if it meant she was home or that my dad drove her to work. I didn't want to spend that long at the house if she was there. Not sure why. I ended up at Target.

I ran out of lorazepam a couple weeks ago. I had been taking it to control the tremors when I visited my parents (who I haven't told about the relapse). Now my only option is alcohol. I have taken a water bottle full of vodka a couple times and drank some before going in. Today I bought a 4 pack of mini bottles of pink moscato at Target. I am not a fan of wine, but it's better than beer. I drove back to the house and drank one in the driveway. My mom wasn't there. I went back out a couple hours later and had another. I debated this because my dad (long story for another day) has security cameras on at least the front door and I think the back, so I was worried he might wonder why I went to my car. There thankfully is not one on the driveway. I ended up deciding to grab the bag with the other stuff I bought shopping and bring it inside, so it would look like I went out for that. I drank another bottle and went back inside.

Later they got home and we went to dinner. We got Thai food and I really didn't like what I ordered. It was too spicy and apparently the texture of tofu is now disgusting.. that's good news for a vegetarian (sarcasm). I only ate maybe 1/4 and took the rest home. I know I will just throw it out, but somehow it made more sense than admitting I didn't like it. I had chicken for lunch (because I failed at the vegetarian thing) and that also seemed disgusting, so I think I am now a vegetarian who also hates tofu. Guess I will be living on frozen meals still.

On the way home I stopped at the grocery store. I was looking for a brand of low calorie ice cream my local store doesn't carry. I bought a single serving blender a few days ago and am thinking of making milkshakes.. anyway, I bought an odd assortment of food. I ended up with a different brand of ice cream, a container of fruit to take to work tomorrow, some weird macaroons, a piece of cake, and candy. It was brave because this particular store doesn't have self checkout, so I had to face a cashier with my super healthy groceries. Now I am home.

I am still thinking about the appointment. I don't want to go to rehab. The place I was in rehab before was not good. The place he recommended is different, but still there are so many issues with this. I am considering inpatient detox, but I still don't really want that. I am scared to face emotions and this situation with school while sober. I am afraid I will end up suicidal. I am already a bit suicidal. I am not ready to face this. I am not sure the solution. For now I just want to be drunk and numb. Drunk and not thinking. This feels safe.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad he gave you a good amount of time. There's nothing worse than psych's pushing you out after five minutes, not with the amount they're paid!

    I hope you take his advice about taking some time off and going to rehab. If you're afraid detoxing will make you suicidal, I think you really need to have professional supervision like in an IP setting. If anyone at work asks, could you just say you're having some essential time off for your mental health?

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely considering at least detox inpatient. My supervisor wasn't at work, or I would have talked to him. I know they would let me go.. it's just hard admitting I need help

      Delete
    2. I am definitely considering at least detox inpatient. My supervisor wasn't at work, or I would have talked to him. I know they would let me go.. it's just hard admitting I need help

      Delete