Sunday, June 8, 2014

So so anxious. This won't be long. I have had several jobs before. They were retail mostly. You know what to expect.. usually some sort of computerized training. Then some actual training. Tomorrow.. this is a start-up company. I have only seen 5 other people. 2 were the guys who I interviewed with. 2 I never spoke to. 1 is the woman I know from school. I have always liked her. For a while the extent of our conversations was when I was standing outside the lab I researched in with some caffeinated beverage. We weren't allowed food/drink in lab. She also taught a lab I was in. Anyway, we talked, but I really know nothing about her (except an odd detail I know through someone else). However, she seems really happy to work with me. I mean.. I am hard working. I am devoted to the classes I teach (and we have the same boss), but I didn't expect this. I know it's not through the professor she is doing her PhD with because he wouldn't approve of her having a full time job either.

Well anyway, I am used to very structured jobs. My impression of this is that I am her side-kick although in different terms I can't remember. Our schedule is whatever the work requires. We have new equipment coming in that we will both be training on. It's a whole lot of unknown. That is the majority of my stress.. so I will update after work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment