Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Unemployment day 2

Yesterday was mostly a success.

As far as my goals
Did not sit in silence. Watched stuff on tv and on netflix. Got annoyed when I put a couple things on because they had subtitles and required attention. Also started one movie and it was terrible, so I gave up on it
I think I went to be around 11. Don't remember (which is not a surprise) but I know it was after 10
I ate. Maybe too much. It's hard when I don't meals at normal times

Failure
Started drinking at 3:30. According to my hand, I had 17 shots of vodka.
I keep a pen at my desk and put tally marks on my hand for each shot. The reason is that if I do it in my head, I lose count. I used to have an app on my phone that I kept track on and also predicted my blood alcohol. Eventually, the blood alcohol part became a bit frightening, so I got rid of the app. This method mostly works as long as I don't forget to make the marks, which sometimes happens after shot 10 or so.

Today I got up at 11ish. I've eaten breakfast.

Today's goals
Shower and wash my hair (*update* accomplished)
Put on proper clothes (*update* accomplished)
And because I just took the last can of Pepsi Max from the fridge, go to some store that sells diet soda. I'll decide after I get ready if that's going to be a grocery store, the drug store, or the dollar general near my apartment.(*update* accomplished)

Got a bit annoyed yesterday. I emailed one of my friends the explanation of how I got fired and the whole situation. She was asking about filing for unemployment. She asked her mom who works in a human resources job about it.
One of my friend's emails said this
"My mom said it sounded like it was a "hiring error" because they seemed to have wanted someone who already had a lot of this experience (hence the lack of training) instead of someone who needed to be taught the procedures."

And I get what she means. But I do have a lot of experience in lab work and research, which is what I was told I'd be doing. That I didn't need training in. The error with the samples was more about how she gave it to me randomly, rushed me, and put the other new employee on it too so the whole thing became confusing. What they didn't train me in was all the other shit.. taking inventory, cleaning and organizing a lab without being given standards, etc. What she said makes it sound like I was unqualified, but I was qualified for what I was told I'd be doing. I don't know. The job was shitty, so I should just stop worrying about why I got fired.. because honestly I think I'd have been fired eventually because my supervisor was always upset that I was asking her questions and asking what I should be working on. She also treated the new guy completely differently as far as telling him things to do and sending him to be trained by people on different tasks. I'm not even entirely sure what he was working on because I was never involved in the conversations. What was clear is that he was being trained for actual defined tasks/jobs and I was left staring blankly at things in the lab because I either couldn't do something without her or was not really told what needed to be done

Can you tell I'm still angry at my supervisor? It sucks because I'm scared I'll see her at school in the fall. By then I'll probably be over getting fired, but I don't see myself forgetting how she treated me.

Also just whining, I slipped and fell in the bathroom Thursday and landed on my butt. I think I bruised my tailbone or something because it still hurts

No comments:

Post a Comment