Monday, June 2, 2014

Stupid fly

If you read this, it will make more sense if you read the previous entry. Basically, I am an alcoholic. I am starting to think I am seeing things

This thing in particular is a fly. Little like a fruit fly, not a house fly. My apartment isn't the cleanness, so I thought maybe it was real.. except I see it in the kitchen, the living room, the bathroom.

Today. I still don't know. I think it's a hallucination/imaginary and then it does something that makes it seem real. Like it I will watch it fly, and suddenly not see it. But then it landed on my monitor and wasn't just a black dot. It had wings (and because of genetics labs I know what fruit flies look like). I have tried repeatedly to catch it and failed. I don't know. I think I mostly see it drunk. Maybe I should put out fly paper.. you really never see one fly. There are usually groups and usually around food.

Anyway, I'm obsessing. I mean a fly is not a big hallucination. I'm weird about bugs and I hate fruit flies.. so it's not that weird. Plus, I haven't seen anything else. Don't get me wrong, I know the alcoholism is a big deal. I think I should stop worrying about the damn fly


(edit added later) I am feeling a bit better.. I am still fairly confident the fly isn't real, but when I was searching online I found that hypothyroidism can cause hallucinations. They say especially in the peripheral vision, and mention things like insects. My doctor is doing blood tests and I assume she did thyroid tests, so I guess I will find out then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment