Saturday, September 10, 2016

Giving up

The new plan is this. Monday I will pull the manager or if she's not there my supervisor aside and just say that after the past couple days I need to be in the hospital. I am no longer just depressed. I am suicidal. This is largely because of stress at work although I may not say that. If I mention that this changed over the weekend, they can probably figure it out. Work was insane today. There is going to be insanity tomorrow. I am exhausted. I drove home thinking of ways to kill myself and what to say to make them understand that I need to be inpatient if they want me alive. I didn't want to use the word suicidal, but I think it now applies. It is hard to argue with. I might even text my supervisor or the manager tomorrow about talking to them. It is a terrible time to be off work, but I can't do this. I seriously almost lost it tonight. I just cannot handle the amount of work and the exhaustion anymore. I can't pretend to be happy. I doubt any amount of sleep will help. I expect to cry tomorrow. I don't even care anymore. I know they might hate me for this, but I have a feeling they would hate me for dying too. So I will try to keep it together until Monday and then I will try to make this as clear as possible.

I think I may text her tomorrow to ask to speak to her Monday and offer to come in early. I will say it's personal but important. If she wants me to communicate it via text or call her, I can. If she wants to just start with the meeting with HR, that's fine. I just want to make sure she doesn't leave without me saying this because I don't want to put this off. I really doubt my ability to keep myself alive. I don't know if I want help, but I need help. I will somehow manage this.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to you very much.

    'I can't pretend to be happy.' Nor me any more. It is exhausting and demoralising living a lie, and I really hope you can get the help and support that you need and deserve to be able to become properly happy, rather than pretending to be.

    Try not to worry about your work, the main thing is that you get help for yourself ASAP to get yourself better and not suicidal any more. It is such a terrible, terrifying feeling and my heart goes out to you.

    Stay strong. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete