Thursday, September 29, 2016

Validation

I saw my therapist today. It was nice to feel validated about a bunch of things. I told her about inpatient, and she was pretty shocked by some of it. Like she was surprised by the cafeteria story and how they dragged me there while crying. She didn't seem surprised about me skipping so many meals since my eating disorder is always bad while inpatient. I explained about the patient that made me feel unsafe, and she was surprised at how little staff did about it both for her safety and other patients. I didn't really talk about it in php, so I felt better saying it.

I told her about php, and she agreed with my decision to discharge myself. She agrees that moving in with my parents wasn't a reasonable request and that it isn't simple to just pack up and go to rehab since I am out of pto and a month or more without a paycheck would be difficult. That's assuming insurance would pay for it. She wants me to try a mindfulness group led by a therapist she knows. It would be once a week for 10 weeks, which I am unsure about. I don't know if you have to commit to the whole thing.

I skipped going to see my parents after because I'm not feeling well. I think it's just allergies, but I have been nauseous all day. I bought pseudoephedrine to help and am home in bed. I did also drop off the prescription for my anxiety medicine (Vistaril) in preparation for work tomorrow. I will pick it up tomorrow. Hopefully I will be feeling better by then because I would hate to spend my first day back worrying about throwing up on top of every other worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment