Friday, December 2, 2016

Fun times

So I went to urgent care. It was simultaneously a success and failure. After waiting a while the doctor kinda just looked at me and listened to my heart and such. She says it looks like the beginning of a stomach virus. Which is pretty interesting since I clearly said it had been going on for weeks, so it definitely isn't the start of something. But I got prescriptions for zofran, omeprazole, and one I can't remember. So at least that should help until I see a better doctor. I took a zofran before work and will start the omeprazole tomorrow. I am hoping it helps. Monday I will try calling my GP. There's no way I have had a stomach virus for 3 weeks. But I have a feeling the heartburn is from vomiting and so I am happy to maybe relieve some of the symptoms until I can find out what's going on.

So I did the lazy, antisocial thing and made an appointment with my doctor online.. which probably means they will call me Monday but hopefully it means I can go Tuesday and not have to be the one to call the office. No idea how this will go. The zofran is definitely helping. I am so freaking tired today though. After urgent care, I even came home and lay in bed for an hour rather than just killing time before work. I just knew I didn't have energy to go shopping for even an hour. I wimped out about talking to the manager. It was really weird because she was hovering and kept disappearing to talk to the supervisors, and I was too paranoid about it to try to tell her. Maybe Monday. It's going to be weird basically saying that I tried to tell my supervisor that I am unable to function and apparently she interpreted the conversation to mean I am doing better and should take on more stress and responsibility... but that pretty much sums it up. Maybe I should include "but hey I didn't bother to tell any of you that for weeks I have been throwing up daily and can barely walk up stairs or get out of bed.. but maybe you should know because my therapist kept looking at me like I am dying"... or something. Probably shouldn't add that the dying doesn't bother me. I just hate throwing up and having excruciating heartburn. I might summarize the problems and say that I am finally seeing a doctor. I can also be a chicken and email her or Skype her some of it because I don't know where to start. I don't want her to think I lied to my new supervisor. I also don't want to say that I really have no idea how my new supervisor missed the entire point of what I told her because I think she got caught up in the work part of it while I was trying to say that work is the only time I can function. It takes pretty much all of my energy to handle it, which means that the rest of my life is hopeless and pathetic.

I am rambling, but I am trying to stick to my promise about seeing a doctor to make sure I am not dying or whatever. I was torn between my old GP who I had seen for a couple years but never liked or the new one I have only seen once. I went with new one because 1 I could request an appointment online and 2 she is part of a physician's group and can probably refer me to a hospital if I need to go. Basically she is connected to physicians at various hospitals, so hopefully it I need that or testing or whatever, she's probably a better choice. Plus, she didn't try go guilt trip me about the drinking as much as the other one has. She's older and mainly sees adults, so I think she understands that I know that I am an alcoholic and guilt isn't what I need. Will update Monday probably. Hoping work is drama free this weekend but things are weird right now. I don't have energy to explain.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you went, even if they mightn't have been of great help. Maybe your doctor on Monday will have a better idea.

    xx

    ReplyDelete