Thursday, December 1, 2016

Therapy

I managed to make it to therapy today. 2 weeks ago I had to cancel because I kept getting dizzy when I got out of bed. Last week was a holiday.

She was very concerned and apparently could tell I wasn't feeling well. I told her about the problems I am having. I mentioned the nausea and vomiting. I mentioned having no energy. I talked about initially convincing myself it was nothing but now legitimately being concerned about it. I know it is somehow related to the drinking but don't really have any idea. I mentioned the idea of going into a medical rather than psych hospital. She seemed OK with that idea. I think probably she would support any step to stop drinking. Plus she knows the last inpatient stay was awful.

I ended up agreeing to see a doctor. I am leaning towards going to urgent care tomorrow. I am hoping to at least get medicine for the nausea and they can probably do some tests. I don't know if they will be able to tell me exactly what's wrong or if I will end up being told to go to another doctor. I figure it's worth a shot. I am probably going to have to tell work something. I mean it might be nice to warn them that if this is serious, I may need a few days off. They really can't argue with that.

Today I got dizzy several times when I stood up. I have terrible heartburn, and I only barely made it home before throwing up. I was concerned that I would get sick driving, and it probably was not the best idea to go to dinner with my parents because it is a long drive.. oh well. I am home safe now. I will update tomorrow if I end up going to the doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment