Friday, April 7, 2017

Memory

I am supposed to be going back to work Monday. I am becoming increasingly concerned about how my brain is working. I am constantly forgetting things. Today I was convinced that I was going to an AA meeting at 11. I got there and checked the schedule and it was at noon. I honestly wondered if the group changed the time. Later I panicked when I realized that I wasn't wearing my cross. I had no idea what happened to it. I looked through my purse and then gave in and asked my mom. She said I gave it to her when the chain broke and it was on her desk. I do remember now that the chain broke, but I don't actually remember what happened.

So I am concerned about Monday. I seem to have trouble remembering things that people tell me. My long term memory is OK. The issue at work is how to explain this problem to people who don't know what I have been doing. I am tempted to mention the ECT to the manager because I don't want her to think that I am drinking or taking medication that is affecting my mind. Add in the bruises from all the IVs that make it look like I started using intravenous drugs.

I also feel a little bad because I didn't tell my supervisor or manager that I was taking time off. I only talked to the boss, and I only told her some of the truth. I left work with no actual plan about getting help. I guess I will see what happens Monday. I really hope the memory problems get better soon because I feel a bit anxious not being able to remember things.

No comments:

Post a Comment