Monday, January 9, 2017

Another day in bed

I am apparently still a bit of a mess. I got super dizzy in the shower again. I have zero appetite and also haven't managed to buy groceries so don't have anything that would be appetizing.

I was supposed to have that php assessment today and didn't go. I did schedule an assessment for a different program that is closer and better hours. So I do that Thursday. I just couldn't imagine going 9-3 everyday and then straight to work from 3:30-12. Only thing making me nervous is this one does a weekly family group. But I have known people that went to this place (though I don't know if they just did inpatient or did the outpatient) and recommended it.

I went to work and was promptly sent home. I was there about ten minutes before the manager pulled me aside to ask how I was feeling. I was honest because I really felt terrible. She told me it was fine if I wanted to go home. She asked about the assessment and I told her about choosing a different program. She asked if I was going to do inpatient and I explained that I wanted to try this. I briefly explained the er visit and how I think I am still dehydrated but that they gave me potassium. I gladly accepted the offer to go home and try again tomorrow.

I had to go by the pharmacy to pick up even more meds because I gave in yesterday and went to the doctor about the rash now covering most of my body. Still no explanation for it, but I was prescribed steroids because calamine lotion wasn't really helping. It was a bit pathetic because I was waiting in line at the pharmacy with a basket containing pedialyte pops, a protein drink, and crackers and had to carry it with both hands because it seemed so heavy. Now I'm in bed. I managed half the protein shake but still haven't eaten solid food. I need to check if the pedialyte pops are frozen yet because honestly that's the only thing that sounds appealing. I took my levothyroxine, the Librium, potassium, zofran, and the steroids so far today.. so I am basically just full of pills and Muscle Milk (which apparently has 22% of the recommended daily amount of potassium? Good to know). I am kinda considering ordering pizza just because I don't have the energy to leave the apartment. Or I can search my kitchen to see if I have anything not expired. I do have applesauce because I specifically went to Sam's club last week because you can buy a 20 pack there rather than the stupid boxes of 4. I hope this fatigue is temporary. I am curious how low my sodium and potassium were but I need to look at the paperwork. If this keeps up for a few more days I might go back. Part of it is that I slept really poorly because the rash itches so so much. Really hope the steroids work. I'm going to take benadryl and check on my popsicles now. I was happy the person at the pharmacy didn't seem judgmental about my purchase. That combination of items kinda screams nausea. Though when I was a cashier I can only think of two customers I wondered about. One was a woman buying cheesecake and laxatives that reminded me of me. The other was an old man buying only prune baby food and air fresheners.. because umm that just creates a disturbing mental image. Obviously did NOT ask about it. Sorry if you didn't want to hear that but I still think it's funny because I am a little immature

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you were able to get yourself to the ER. I really hope you can get to the next PHP assessment. I've been so worried about you lately, I just want you to get the best treatment possible. Please keep trying with the solid food. If pizza is doable and sounds appealing, go for it! And don't worry about it - baby food and air fresheners made me laugh too! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete