Thursday, January 12, 2017

Cause for concern?

So I know at least once recently I have mentioned the thought crossing my mind of what would happen if I was too tired to walk up the stairs to my apartment.

Well I got home tonight. I needed to carry laundry, groceries, and cat food upstairs. I knew that it would take multiple trips. I decided to carry the 2 bags of groceries and my quilt first. After a couple stairs, my legs buckled. I tried to stand back up and couldn't. I had to set everything down and use the railings to pull myself back up. I picked up the groceries and made it to my door. I went back for the quilt. I had to hold on with both hands to go back downstairs to get laundry and again for cat food. I almost fell again just walking around my bedroom. Odd walked in front of me unexpectedly and my knees gave out and I had to grab onto the bed.

Admittedly, I went to the mall with my mom today and my Garmin says I walked over 11,000 steps.. but still. I don't know if this is the diuretics or a side effect of the steroids (which I guess aren't good for electrolyte imbalances). Current plan is lots of water and rest but it was pretty terrifying. That being said I have wondered what I could do to mess up my electrolytes and my heart, so I am not sure I care. It was just not something I expected to actually happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment