Monday, July 7, 2014

Yuck

This might be triggering as far as ED stuff

For a person who was bulimic for 6 years, I now really hate throwing up. I mean purging at least was intentional, so it was expected and usually planned.

Actually being sick and throwing up, that I hate. Same with throwing up because of alcohol. Unfortunately, being an alcoholic has made this a much more frequent occurrence.

While I'm drinking, it usually isn't the number of shots that does it. It's either i have trouble swallowing/taking the whole shot at once, whatever I drink after doesn't take away the taste, or eventually just how much liquid I have in my stomach.

The last one I think is a result of the bulimia? I think my body is trained to purge if my stomach is very full, and I also would drink liquids to make purging easier. So now, if I have more liquids than food in my stomach, I get the urge to throw up.

Anyway, it's all random. Sometimes it's right after the first shot. Maybe it's further in. Sometimes I get nauseous but can stop myself by drinking/eating something. Others it's a mad dash to the bathroom

Then besides it being a direct result of the alcohol, I seem to have blood sugar problems now. Not as bad lately because I think I'm usually awake and eating before I'm fully sober in the morning. For a while, I had maybe an hour or two to eat after I woke up or I'd get sick. What is ridiculous is when food would fix the problem, but I can't keep any in.


Lately my allergies have been terrible. Not sure what plant or pollen or whatever is causing it. So I woke up feeling sick because I was congested and the drainage down my throat makes me sick if I haven't eaten.

I get up, take allergy medication (pseudoephedrine) and attempt a bowl of cereal. That took a while because shredded wheat is not appetizing when I don't feel well. A little later that all comes back up (gross but I even saw the sudafed pill).

I sit back down. I take another pill and attempt gummy bears. I don't know why, but gummy bears are good for when I feel sick while drinking. Then I had a waffle. Then after a while that all came up.

Then I took a Zofran (anti nausea) and watched South Park in bed for 2 hours. Now I'm attempting to eat again. I really don't have nausea friendly food at home. I have bread, but toast doesn't usually help. Only cereal is shredded wheat which is bad w/o milk and milk is bad for the congestion part. I have a couple frozen meals, but I remember the last time I ate that particular meal I got sick (not really related to the food). So I'm having leftover pizza and diet pepsi. Really not enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment