Sunday, May 29, 2016

Alone

I don't have a lot to say today, but I feel like writing. Today at work was excellent. This is largely because it involved maybe 2-3 minutes of social interaction and 2.5 hours of working alone. It's definitely obvious that the work itself causes very little stress. People on the other hand...

The new schedule has me as the only analyst on Sunday because there is almost no work. I gather and close the last few reruns. That involved about a minute talking to one of the lab techs. She's nice but super outgoing and cheerful, so I tend to avoid talking to her. This might have meant taking alternate routes between rooms to avoid walking past her. Then I had a small conversation with the medical director whose desk is next to mine. I honestly enjoy talking to him (at least the conversations I understand) because he doesn't talk to everyone. I feel more valued when he talks about important lab stuff with me because he clearly thinks I'm smart enough to understand. That isn't always true, so sometimes I just nod and smile. He also doesn't (as far as I know) know anything about my personal problems, which is nice. Today it was about how we should track reconfirmations because we could create a faster way to run them. Honestly, we have discussed this before, and it never happened.. so I mostly agreed and then he left. I don't think this will ever happen, but it was nice talking to him.

I finished reruns and spent a while working on a list of unclosed cases from yesterday. I did text my supervisor because I am fairly certain the cases were sent to someone else to close, but I had no way of knowing who or when they might do them. I asked if I should wait or just do them, and he said to close them. I hoped that was the answer but I know I always hated when I sent cases to someone (it's a requirement for quality control) and got a reply that they were already closed when the person saw them. Anyway, I finished that in a couple hours with minimal trouble. It was so nice working in an empty room. Nobody asking anything. Nobody looking at me.

I finished and went to Target. I made strange grocery purchases.. nothing sounded good. Ended up with frozen mini pizzas, frozen pretzel bites, french fried onions, triscuits, chocolate, and cheese. Not the healthiest. Now I am home watching Friends with the kitten. I've had 6 shots of vodka. I managed to wait until after 5 to start drinking at least.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you had a good day :) Here's hoping there's more of them ahead!

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete