Monday, May 2, 2016

Strange day

Sorry I haven't updated lately. I'm a bit ashamed of how I am doing lately. I haven't really been taking my meds consistently.. including my thyroid medication. That is probably why I've been sleeping about 12 hours a day. Saturday I missed my usual meeting because I fell back asleep after my alarm and woke up around 3pm. Sunday I got a text around 10:30am not to go to work. I am assuming they finished everything and didn't want evening shift to sit around doing nothing. I went back to sleep until around 2 something a coworker called to ask about working that day.. I guess the daytime supervisor has his number wrong, so he didn't get her text and I am officially lead on Sunday now. I am hoping he couldn't tell I was still in bed. I finally got up around then and went shopping. I went to Sam's club and bought applesauce and underwear.. odd purchase. Then I went to Walmart for sparkling water to go with my vodka. I made myself wait until around 7 to start drinking to be sure I wasn't going to get called in to work (and either go in drunk or have to make an excuse).
Today I got up a bit before 2 and showered and dressed. I stopped to get an iced tea to have at work. I get to work (rather early because I always take less time getting there than expected). I look at my phone and have 7 texts, panic for a moment, then see I have a text not to go into work (and a bunch of responses since it was a group text). This time it was something to do with the power being out and the machines not being ready because of it. So I leave and go shopping. I went to target and old navy where I bought nothing. I had the good idea to actually fill my synthroid prescription and pick it up. I went to Natural Grocers for Qrunch burgers, 2 kinds of non dairy yogurt (I have been eating some dairy but can't convince myself to buy yogurt or milk since the alternative is just as good), and chocolate dipped rice cakes because why not. And (this is more impressive than it sounds) picked up the package that was delivered to the apartment office Saturday rather than letting my rather than letting my worsening social anxiety be an excuse to let it sit there until tomorrow. Only sleeping and working has really made me anxious about any other social interaction. I can manage shopping but even avoid fast food restaurants. I got a bit upset that there were 2 people in the office and one remembered my name.  I guess I have lived here for 5 years, so it's reasonable that she might know me.

Now I am safely home and laying in bed for a bit with the cats because my stomach has been upset today. Soon I will get up and watch TV and drink. I am again trying to wait to make sure I don't get called in to work. I ate a rice cake and it helped somewhat settle my stomach, but I still should come up with an actual dinner. It's been a weird couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment