Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Doctors

Well, I went to the appointment with the new doctor (internal medicine/gp). She was quite nice. I did get weighed and it was a little upsetting.

She said my blood pressure was a tiny bit high. She commented on my weight and being overweight. However when we went through my medication list, I mentioned the Vyvanse being for binge eating and that I am a recovering bulimic. She said that in the future I can blind weigh and we won't discuss it again, so that was nice. Mostly this appointment was going over my medical history and medication and such. Other than that she just did vitals and listened to my heart and lungs. She ordered blood tests because I needed my thyroid checked. She also ordered blood count, metabolic panel, and said she would test liver function because of my drinking. She was shocked by how much I drink but didn't lecture me like my old doctor would.

I then went to have blood drawn, and thankfully that was just down the hall. The woman there was a little strange, but she did a good job.

I hadn't eaten since I wasn't sure if I needed to be fasting for blood work. So I was hungry and insanely thirsty after this. I ended up going to Chipotle and doing some grocery shopping at Target before going home. I thought about getting my hair trimmed or going to other stores but decided I was tired. For several days I have been tired and my body has ached. I don't know if I am getting sick or need to take vitamins. I spent a bit just laying in bed, and now I'm watching TV. Hopefully the rest of the day will be uneventful.

1 comment:

  1. Your new doc sounds a lot better than the old one, at least. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete