Tuesday, August 16, 2016

No clever title

Too lazy to think of a title for this.

I have an appointment tomorrow with a new doctor. It's a bit embarrassing why. I admittedly didn't like my old GP. After my hospital stay in February, I made an appointment at her office (with the physician's assistant) to get bloodwork and a synthroid prescription. Then I started drinking and on that day overslept. I was too embarrassed to call and reschedule, so I found a new doctor. I didn't like that the old one never sent me or discussed the results of my blood tests, so this is probably for the best.

I hate new doctors. I don't want to discuss my drinking. I don't want to discuss food or my weight. I really just want a blood test and levothyroxine. So.. on paperwork I did admit to drinking, but I hope to say it is an issue for my psychiatrist. I hope to close my eyes on the scale and ask that because I am a recovering bulimic we not discuss it. I know I have gained since I started drinking again, but I really don't want to know how much.

In other news, work is annoying. Because we were short handed this weekend and therefore a little behind, they had us work at 11 on Monday and not 3:30. This is earlier than I am usually awake. It did mean my supervisor was on his best behavior since the daytime shift was there. I ended up listening to Wasted as an audio book and getting a lot done.

Today he sent a text last night that we were working at 1. I got up early enough to go to the liquor store before that. I got there and eventually found out that the manager gave him the day off since he will be working the weekend. Well, I don't know if she didn't receive the message or ignored it but the recently trained girl came in at 3:30. Actually, she was a few minutes late. I mentioned in talking to the manager that I was NOT comfortable with her closing alone after I and the other analyst left. She seemed to understand me, so we agreed she could either leave with us and make up the hours or do one task by herself. The girl showed up, and they talked in another room. The manager said she would leave with us and make up hours another day.

I did not enjoy the shift. This girl took hours to find cases and a long time to close 2. I couldn't snap because the boss was there. I wonder what she thought of the questions I had to answer, but that's not my problem. I had to be lead. I handled the stat cases. At around 9:30 when it was time to leave, I had someone from another department come with a question. I couldn't offer a solution, but I managed to give a possible explanation and suggestion of who to ask. She seemed somewhat satisfied (given that it was a weird problem) that I could explain what might happen. I couldn't test it without either altering closed cases or making test ones, but I explained how we could fix a problem like that if we had a reason to suspect it. I felt bad my supervisor wasn't there, but I did my best. It was a weird but not unheard of problem.

In the end, the new girl exported 2 plates and closed 2 of a certain type of case. The other analyst did a reasonable amount. I closed cases, imported, closed reruns, and felt terrible about how much was done. I hate being lead. I never feel adequate. I did everything asked of me.

Now I am home (thankfully before midnight) and drinking while re-watching Black Books on Netflix. I will try to update again soon.

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand not wanting a new doctor with all the hassle it entails. Every third month I get a new psych doctor assessing me and they aaaalways want me to repeat my history. I hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope seeing the new doctor turns out to be a positive step for you. I know it's always hard to open up to someone new, but hopefully they'll respect that your psychiatrist's managing it and not pry too much.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete