Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Urgent care **trigger warning**

Guess who is waiting at urgent care to get stitches again. I may have slipped while cutting my leg last night and gone a bit deep. I'm a little worried that the cuts are too close together for the deep one to be stitched but maybe they can do something or at least bandage it properly. Thankfully I have a nicer nurse this time who caught on quick enough to what I meant by "I cut myself". Not like the one who asked "how did the knife get up there?" last time I was here. Still waiting on the doctor. I might update or delete this later...

All done. 13 stitches total. She did a couple of the smaller cuts too. It was the same doctor as last time and she recognized me, so that was awkward. I got the usual questions and advice about finding ways to relieve stress without self harm. Super helpful, right? She was nice though. It took about two hours, and I am now having lunch at the Panera next door. I am glad it was on my day off and not during work that I had to go, and they didn't try to persuade me to go to the hospital. Not a great experience but oh well. It was necessary. I have to go back Friday before work to get it checked and in 10 days to have them removed. I will probably do some shopping today and tomorrow I have therapy and will probably see my parents. I was a bit embarrassed that my foot kept twitching while she was doing it. Not sure if it was withdrawal or the way I was holding my leg. She kept asking if I was ok because I think she thought I was in pain, but I only felt the last stitch because she didn't numb around the smaller cuts as much. I don't think she planned to do those but they started bleeding

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Good thing it wasn't a deep wound. Some people complain about urgent care center, but let me tell you that they are always there for you no matter what. And it's good that you had the same doctor. After a while, they'll become more familiar with you and know how to better treat you.

    ReplyDelete